Make Europe Great Again
Strengthening European education
Studies confirm that Europe often remains abstract and unknown for adults and young people. To inform more and better seems to be a work that can be done in the school context. This is what Europe has been striving for 20 years and what 90% of young Europeans demand.
The project idea
Within the Erasmus+ project "Make Europe Great Again" (MEGA), 5 European partner organizations come together to facilitate, support, and strengthen school education about the EU.
First, the partner organizations create a white paper to understand how and why school education about Europe can be developed and strengthened in their respective countries. A white paper summary can be accessed through the link provided. By identifying, collecting, and organizing European educational resources, existing information is made accessible in one place using a database. In addition, training modules and (cross-curricular) resources for teachers will be created and made available on a pedagogical platform.
- A white paper to understand how and to what extent education about the European Union still needs to be developed in Germany and in the other countries of the consortium;
- A pedagogical platform dedicated to EU teaching, bringing together resources, teaching modules and European themes to support teachers' work;
- E-learning modules to ensure that teachers are always up to date with European developments;
- Ready-to-use teaching units that cover the most important topics about Europe and are adapted to teaching in each of the partner countries;
- A policy paper to collect ideas, share good practice and propose and support initiatives in the field of European education.
The project is open to all teachers, school leaders, working groups and education stakeholders interested in the topic.
Further information can be found here.
© Copyright 2021. EUROSOC#DIGITAL gGmbH. All rights reserved.
This project has been funded with support from the European Union. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the European Union cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Teachers, secondary school students and educational institutions
The aim is to strengthen education on Europe by creating resources and learning methods and making them available on a multilingual platform for teachers and educational institutions.
October 2020 until June 2023
Pistes-Solidaires, Forum Za Slobodu Obdgoja, Casa do Professor, Asociación Caminos
Project websiteMake Europe Great Again - platform